9700579 Canada Inc. respects your privacy. 9700579 Canada Inc. (now referred to as “Mapgea”) and its affiliates (“Mapgea” or the“Company”) offer mapping, GPS navigation and community based services to users of www.Mapgea.com (the “Website”) and/or users of Mapgea’s mobile application (the “Application”) (collectively referred to as the “Services”).
● the information that Mapgea collects from users;
● how that information is used by Mapgea; and
● the rights and options available to users.
The Services are not intended for use by persons under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you may not download or use the Application.
Contact Mapgea / Abuse reports
If you believe that your privacy has been compromised by any person, in the course of using the Services, then please contact Mapgea and send an email to ham@Mapgea.com.
You may send Mapgea other requests, responses, questions and complaints by email to ham@Mapgea.com.
Information that is being collected
The categories of information collected by Mapgea will include all or just some of the following, depending on how you choose to use the Services.
Whenever you use the Services, Mapgea will collect:-
● detailed location and route information, for example in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your mobile device on which the Application is installed and activated. Mapgea uses this location and route information to create a detailed location history of all of the journeys you have made while using the Application; and
● information about your use of the Services. See “Meta-data that we collect”, below;
● information shared from your social network accounts. See “Integration with social networks”, below.
● Mapgea will still link all of your information with your Account and a unique identifier generated by Mapgea;
Uses of information
Mapgea may use information collected from or provided by you for the following purposes:
● to provide you with the Services. For example, Mapgea may:-
- use your location and route information and/or search query history to provide navigation services and to provide information and advertisements about sites, shops and other places and attractions in your close vicinity, or that we believe, based on your search query history, you may find interesting; and
● to improve the experience of other users. For example, Mapgea may use your route information to improve the accuracy of its mapping and navigation data;
● to provide you with support and handle requests and complaints;
● to send you updates, notices, announcements, and additional information related to the Services;
● to contact you when Mapgea believes it to be necessary;
● to comply with any applicable law and assist law enforcement agencies under any applicable law, when Mapgea has a good faith belief that Mapgea’s cooperation with the law enforcement agencies is legally mandated or meets the applicable legal standards and procedures;
● to prevent fraud, misappropriation, infringements, identity theft and other illegal activities and misuse of the Services;
● to handle breakdowns and malfunctions;
● to take any action in any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and the Service, or between you and other users or third parties with respect to, or in relation with the Service;
Further information may be collected when Mapgea exchanges communications with you, for example, if you submit a request, contact Mapgea’s support team, or report a violation to the abuse team.
Personal information that you share
The Services are based on a community of users publicly sharing information with Mapgea and with other members of that community.
In particular, users choose to share personal information such as age, gender, their location information and reports. This information may also be shared via third party services (such as social networks) which interact with the Service upon such users’ choice.
Integration with social networks
When using our “support our cause” social function, we do not collect any personal information. Any third party policies to these respective social networks still apply, but Mapgea does not collect any other information from our users when they use this function.
Meta-data that we collect
Mapgea collects information about the use of the Services. For example, Mapgea may record the frequency and scope of your use of the Services, the duration of your sessions, information about the device on which you have installed the Application, the web pages that you visit via the Application, information that you read, content that you use or create, advertisements that you view or click on, your communications with other users and third parties, the Internet protocol (IP) address and the name of the domain that serve you to access the Services, and the geographic location of the computer system that you are using to access Mapgea.
Accessing the Services
In order to access certain features of the Services (for example, reporting function), you will need to agree to share your location with mapgea.
Mapgea may also establish and require from time to time additional or different means of identification and authentication for logging in and accessing the Services or for accessing certain features or designated sections of the Services.
Your log-in details are your responsibility. You are fully accountable for any use or misuse of your Account and personal details as a result of conveying your details to someone else. You must maintain your log-in details in absolute confidentiality and avoid disclosing them to others. Make sure that you change your password frequently and at least once every six months.
Sharing information with others
Mapgea does not sell, rent or lease your personal information to third parties.
● If Mapgea is required, or reasonably believes that it is required by law to share or disclose your information;
● In any case of dispute, or legal proceeding of any kind between you and Mapgea, or between you and other users with respect to, or in relation with the Services;
● In any case where Mapgea reasonably believes that sharing information is necessary to prevent imminent physical damage or damage to property;
● To collect, hold and manage your personal information through cloud based or hosting services or a third party or a party affiliated or connected to Mapgea, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to R.O.C TAIWAN.
How does Mapgea use aggregated information?
Mapgea may use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information (including anonymous location information), in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, to properly operate the Services, to improve the quality of the Services, to enhance your experience, to create new services and features, including customized services, to change or cancel existing content or service, and for further internal, commercial and statistical purposes.
Mapgea may also use anonymous, statistical or aggregated information collected on the Services, in a form that does not enable the identification of a specific user, by posting, disseminating, transmitting or otherwise communicating or making available such information to users of the Services, to the Services’ providers, partners and any other third party. For example, GPS information that we receive from your mobile device may be provided to map editors in an aggregated and/ or anonymous form to help improve the map and solve map problems.
Some of the cookies may expire when the session ends and you exit your browser. Other cookies are saved on your computer’s hard drive. If you wish to block the Website’s cookies, then please use the help button in your browser and follow the necessary instructions. However, bear in mind that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent your use of the Website, or certain features thereof.
Mapgea may permit, solicit or contract certain other companies to conduct advertising campaigns on the Services.
The information and advertisements that you see when accessing the Services may be targeted on the basis of:
- geographic or contextual information which we collect from you;
- information received from third party partners; as well as
- your search query history.
You hereby agree that we may provide such information and advertisements targeted on the basis of your search query history. However, if, when accessing the Services, you no longer wish to see information and advertisements from us targeted on the basis of your search query history or on the basis of information received from third party partners, you are able to opt out of such targeting in the settings of the Application.
It is clarified that we are not responsible for the content of said advertisements and the products delivered or services rendered thereby by third parties and you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we shall not be held responsible or liable in connection thereof.
Mapgea considers information security to be a top priority. Mapgea implements systems, applications and procedures to secure your personal information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance. Therefore, although Mapgea takes great efforts to protect your personal information, Mapgea cannot guarantee and you cannot reasonably expect that Mapgea’s databases will be immune from any wrongdoings, malfunctions, unlawful interceptions or access, or other kinds of abuse and misuse.
Mapgea uses google analytics to monitor our users. This includes things like session length, usage behaviours, locations data, age, gender, language settings and more information. This does not include personal information, Mapgea aims to provide our service without the need to attain your personal information.
Last modified:May 04, 2016.
The Company is registered as a incorporated company in Canada.